Pentecost Sunday – May 28, 2023
- This Sunday the children are invited to drop their coins into the “Mission Mexico” chest.
- The Parish office will be closed on Monday, May 29th as the Office Staff will be attending a Spiritual Retreat at the FCJ Centre. The Church will be open and Mass times will be as usual.
- Bishop McGrattan will be here on Saturday, June 3 at 10:00 am to celebrate the Sacrament of Confirmation. As a result, our First Saturday Devotion and Adoration to Mother Mary will be cancelled as well as Confessions.
- St. Luke’s is planning to re-establish Small Christian Community Groups and we are inviting all former members to gather on Saturday, June 3 at 3:00 am to collect your thoughts and ideas on re-creating this program.
- The $1000 Virginia Klatzel Scholarship Application deadline is on June 5th. Application forms are available on the website under Service Ministries/Catholic Women’s League.
- The 12:30 pm Choir would like to invite any interested singers and musicians to join their group. Rehearsals are 1 hour before Mass begins. We are also looking for individuals to operate the sound board and slide show at this Mass. Training is provided. If interested, please contact Val at 403.208.3217 or see her after the 12:30 Mass in the choir area.
- STLHN ministry will be holding their annual food drive during the weekend of June 10th and 11th. There will be short lists of non-perishable items placed on the “wish tree” for you to take and chose which items you wish to donate. THANK YOU for your food donations on behalf of the needy of St. Luke’s parish.
- St. Luke’s Parish invites you to an evening of prayer and song with singer Eswina Ngal and a talk by Fr. Troy, taking a look at the life and death of Jesus through the eyes of his mother. This event will be held on Tuesday, June 27 following the 7 pm Mass.
- Just a reminder to the children who have picked up their coloring picture to return it next Sunday so we can display it on the “Kids Zone” Bulletin Board.